Thank you for your interest and willingness to volunteer to help with the relief effort in the Central Philippines from Super Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda). Please read though the following list and then click on the link at the bottom to go to the volunteer form. You will be contacted shortly.
As of this time, work is moving forward with local laborers. We are so very grateful for all who have participated in the relief efforts to-date. While there is still a need for Work and Witness teams, the individual volunteer need is more towards longer term, specialized volunteers, i.e. 2 months or more, and will be handled through the Mission Corps Website. Click the link for more information.
Those interested in volunteering through Work and Witness can visit the work and witness site by clicking this link.
Additional volunteers needed to help local volunteers/church members in the affected places:
Priority 1 (Immediate need):
- Medical Teams/health workers (foreign & locals).
- Stress debriefers (locals).
- Point persons to coordinate logistics, communications, organizing & mobilizing volunteers, shipment, and relief distribution manager.
- Skilled construction workers (at least in Ormoc City).
Priority 2 (needed next week if possible):
- Teachers, lay people and even senior college students with teaching/education background to conduct Psychosocial Intervention for children.
Priority 3 (can come in three weeks from now):
- Skilled construction workers for the rest of Leyte and Samar (but depending on the availability of materials in the area).
- Anyone who wants to be involved in clean-up and other work.
Staging area of relief and volunteers for Samar and Leyte is Cebu City. Foreign volunteers will fly into Manila then to Cebu City airport or Iloilo.
We asked that volunteers would cover their travel expense to Leyte or Samar. However, we can offer lodging (in tents), and provide food. There are no hotels in the affected areas, so volunteers should be ready and willing to experience many discomforts.