Officially Established in Myanmar in 1984, Thailand in 1989 and in Cambodia in 1992.
Population: 135 Million
Institutions: Chapman International College, Mae Tang Children’s Center
Field Strategy Coordinator: Rev. David Phillips
The Church of the Nazarene in Myanmar
- 22 Churches were started from 1984 to 2014 with 2,764 members
- In 2004 a campus was constructed in Yangon and a full-time program instituted for pastoral training.
The Church of the Nazarene in Thailand
- The Thai District started in 1991 and was originally all – non-Lahu churches. At the peak, it was 12 churches. There are currently 2 Churches in Bangkok – a city of 9 million.
- In Northern Thailand, they are discussing how to start new churches.
The Church of the Nazarene in Cambodia
- 25 Nazarene Churches with about 1,200 members.
- 15 new church plants underway and a culture of church planting. Nearly every church has plans to start a new church and they have both a system for training and the expectation that every church will plant a new church.