Nazarene Missions International (NMI) Asia-Pacific held its “Celebrate Love for Missions“ online event last February 12, 2022. Over 300 participants from more than 15 countries attended the event.
The event sought to inform the participants on the importance of missions, engage them on how to focus on and support the mission and challenge them to respond to the call to missions.
The online gathering focused on various topics from the following speakers:
- Dr. Mark Louw, Asia-Pacific Regional director shared “Why Missions?” which spoke about the importance of missions and how each one can partner with NMI in its goal of “making Christlike disciples in the nations.”
“When we plant the Gospel into the lives of Christlike disciples, the Church will grow out of its encounter with the Gospel, with Jesus.” Dr. Mark Louw
- Lola Brickey, Global NMI Director talked about the five areas of impact where the local church can focus on their missions initiative. She was very excited and grateful to share with everyone the progress of the Church last year until now.
“Thank you for praying! Thank you for sending! Thank you for giving! And thank you for going!” – Lola Brickey
Get ATR Newsletter directly in Your Inbox
- Janary Suyat, Asia-Pacific Regional Youth re-introduced the importance of heeding the call to missions, whether as Missionaries being sent out Around the Region and Beyond or by supporting the work of missions through prayers and other resources.
“We are a unified, global church supporting Nazarene Missions throughout the world. We are living out the transformational love of Jesus Christ in our local communities worldwide through His message and our actions.” – Rev. Janary Suyat
- David Hane, Asia-Pacific Regional Personnel Coordinator walked the participants on a step-by-step process of becoming a missionary deployed by Global Missions.
- Terence and Ingrid Lustana, missionaries from Southeast Asia Field presented the missionaries serving across the Asia-Pacific Region and challenged all the participants to spend time to pray for them.
The participants were all challenged and encouraged to continue supporting Nazarene Missions International as it fulfills its part in the mission of making Christlike disciples in the nations.
The online event was made possible through the collaboration and partnership of the Asia-Pacific NMI Council led by Christine Mosuela, Asia-Pacific Regional NMI Coordinator.
“Let’s continue to celebrate our love for missions until God’s Word reach the unreached.” – Christine Mosuela