The Nazarene World Week of Prayer is an annual event occurring during the week that includes the World Day of Prayer (the first Friday in March). During this week Nazarenes dedicate themselves to interceding for our church and our world. Special requests are provided for a regional prayer plan.
Coordinating with the interdenominational World Day of Prayer (Friday, March 7), the Nazarene World Week of Prayer was begun with hopes that this event would re-ignite prayer flames, deepen commitment to prayer and fasting, and precipitate revival in our churches and lives.
great and mighty things, which you do not know.”
Promotional materials can be found HERE.
Specific prayer requests for each region will be featured on the Prayer Mobilization Line during the Week of Prayer.
Specific Requests for prayer from the
Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Field:
- Pray for new church initiatives on the ANZ Field and for the nine new church plants. Pray that the young people who are leading the church plants will find encouragement and strategic prayer support.
- Pray for the new “Frameworks” education course of Lay Ministers in local churches on the ANZ field. Currently there are over 20 people expressing interest in taking these four courses, which begin in February in Brisbane.
- Pray for the Leadership Development Initiative at the Nazarene Theological College, Brisbane, which prepares emerging protégé leaders to develop through a process of in-course training and mentorship.
Chinese Ministries (CM) Field:
- Pray for the discipling and church planting team in Mongolia, that they would see fruit of their labor, and that a strong church with Godly national leaders can be developed in this country of 3 million people where only 3–4 percent are currently followers of Jesus.
- Pray for those who are working in creative areas of the CM field building relationships, training leaders, and leading house groups.
- Pray for the development of strong national leaders on the CM field who can give Godly servant leadership to the church.
- Pray for the development and expansion of the church in Taiwan and Hong Kong and for an increased passion to make Christlike disciples.
Melanesia and the South Pacific Fields:
- Pray for the 150 dedicated staff at Kudjip Nazarene Hospital in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea (PNG). Every year the hospital sees 60,000 outpatients in addition to the 6,000 patients who are admitted. And every year hundreds of people give their lives to Christ at the hospital, new churches are started, miracles happen, people grow in their faith, patients find comfort, some face death with new hope, and the good news of abundant life in Christ is lived and proclaimed!
- Pray for the completion of the Kudjip hydro-eletric project in mid-2014. When completed, it will provide reliable electricity to the Nazarene hospital, the Nurses College, and the mission compound.
- Pray for Melanesia Nazarene Teachers College, that it would fulfill its mission of training Godly school teachers and church planters to go to the most remote areas of PNG where both educational and spiritual needs are great.
- Pray for the trainers in the Community Based Health Care (CBHC) program who go into villages with holistic health training.
- Pray for students and faculty at Melanesia Nazarene Bible College. Pray that the college would effectively train pastors, missionaries, and educators.
- Pray for district superintendents in Melanesia and the South Pacific as they provide Godly leadership to their districts, often in the midst of difficult circumstances.
- Pray for students and faculty on multiple campuses of South Pacific Nazarene Theological College.
- Pray for the Ministry of “The Mango Tree”, a respite center for those with disabilities in the South Pacific island nation of Tonga.
Philippines and Micronesia Field:
- Pray for the rehabilitation efforts in the disaster affected areas of the Philippines. Pray as the church engages in rebuilding homes of more than a hundred Nazarenes and eight church buildings that were totally destroyed by the typhoon. Pray for Nazarene teams that are engaged in other interventions such as clean water, sanitation and hygiene; providing psychosocial and trauma recovery activities for children, protection for women, and livelihood rehabilitation for farmers and fishermen.
- Pray for the church planting efforts in twelve strategic cities where the church is not yet in the Philippines and for church planting efforts in Palau in Micronesia. One of these cities in the Philippines is considered as the back door for human trafficking activities. Pray that the church will be more intentional and passionate about planting churches and being God’s agents of transformation.
- Pray for Leadership Development, especially among young people, lay people and emerging leaders, in the Philippines and Micronesia.
- Pray for the students, faculty, and staff at Visayan Nazarene Bible College and Philippine Nazarene College.
- Pray for Dr. SeungAn Im, as he begins his assignment as president of Asia-Pacific Nazarene Theological Seminary in Manila.
- Pray for the effective ministry of the 15 JESUS Film teams in the Philippines as they work with district leadership to expand into new areas.
- Pray for a special Nazarene team on the island of Sumatra working among several unreached people groups.
- Pray for an area on the Sealands Field that is working in an area where there are many refugees. There has been some success, and we desire to see more God- called workers be able to find ways to get visas to help in this exciting work.
- Pray for the Indonesia Nazarene Theological College on the island of Java as it faces many challenges while preparing young men and women for service in the church. Pray for more students who are called by God to become ministers and leaders in the church. The current enrollment of 40 students must expand in order to meet the opportunities that are opening up.
Southeast Asia (SEA) Field:
- Pray for peace and political stability in both Thailand and Cambodia.
- Pray for the development of strong national church leaders in Cambodia to shepherd and train others.
- Pray for protection over leaders and their families in a creative access area (CAA) in SEA, for wisdom and discernment, and for grace to weather spiritual attacks.
- Pray for youth throughout SEA to catch the vision for using their varied media skills aligned with new church planting and social evangelism opportunities.
- Pray for the development of much needed literature in SEA. Pray that God will raise up a team of Thai proofreaders and additional editors and for marketing skill support to reach the broadest audience possible.
- Pray for a Church Planting movement in Bangkok, for more Harvest Workers, and for God given strategies.
- Pray for new believers in several areas of a CAA who are forming groups and house churches in spite of persecution by local authorities and opposition by other religious groups who think a church building is essential.
- Pray for unity and vision on the Myanmar District as they transition to a new district superintendent next year.
- Pray for pastors throughout SEA who are in the Course of Study for Ordination.
- Pray for the Japan district as they begin construction of the new headquarters/seminary building in Oyamadai, Tokyo. Because of the damage caused by the great earthquake in 2011, the previous building had to be abandoned.
- Pray for those who are still suffering in Japan as a result of the devastating earthquake on March 11, 2011. Many are still struggling and living in temporary housing.
- Pray that more young people in Japan will hear God’s call to serve as pastors and church planters and will receive the necessary training.
South Korea District:
- Pray for revival and church growth on the Korean peninsula.
- Pray for the people of North Korea, that they might have the opportunity to learn about God and His love for them.
- Pray for missionaries from Korea who are serving in nations around the world.
- Pray for the students, faculty, and staff of Korea Nazarene University in Cheonan City, South Korea, as it seeks to impact Korean society and develop young people who will live lives that bring honor and glory to God.