Manila, Philippines: On Saturday, February 7th, local Nazarene Missions International (NMI) presidents, council members, and leaders from across the Metro Manila District met at Asia-Pacific Nazarene Theological Seminary for a day of Missions and Sunday School and Discipleship Ministries International (SDMI) orientation.
The orientation day began with a time of worship and prayer, followed by sessions that included:
Get ATR Newsletter directly in Your Inbox
- Focus on ways to engage the churches in the global monthly mission priorities.
- A panel discussion on the functions and purposes of NMI and SDMI in the local church.
- Special prayer time for requests from across the district.
- Streamlining of the LINKS (Loving Interested Nazarenes Knowing and Sharing) program wherein the district and local churches will actively participate in encouraging and partnering with pastors and church planters that have been sent abroad by the Metro Manila District.
- Focus on personal and corporate prayer for the growth of the church in mission and discipleship, starting with the leaders.
- Emphasis on the importance of prayer and fasting.
“This was a tremendous opportunity to come together for the purpose of unification and identification of key priorities in our ministries,” shared Connie Lou Aebischer, Regional Nazarene Missions International Coordinator.