Coordinator: Rev. David Phillips
Includes: Myanmar, Thailand and Cambodia
Schools on the Field:
South East Asia Nazarene Bible College
The Church of the Nazarene in Myanmar
- 22 Churches were started from 1984 to 2014 with 2,764 members
- In 2004 a campus was constructed in Yangon and a full time program instituted for pastoral training.
The Church of the Nazarene in Thailand
- The Thai District started in 1991 and was originally all – non-Lahu churches. At the peak it was 12 churches. There are currently 2 Churches in Bangkok – a city of 9 million.
- In Northern Thailand, they are discussing how to start new churches.
The Church of the Nazarene in Cambodia
- 25 Nazarene Churches with about 1,200 members.
- 15 new church plants underway and a culture of church planting. Nearly every church has plans to start a new church and they have both a system for training and the expectation that every church will plant a new church.