Coordinator: Dr. John Moore
Includes: Australia & New Zealand
Great things are happening on the Australia / New Zealand Field, , however, the task before us is greater than human resources alone can accomplish. We desperately need the work and power of the Holy Spirit to see God’s Kingdom realized. We truly appreciate your partnership and prayer!
- The most recent census shows that Australians come from over 200 countries, utilize more than 300 languages, are comprised of more than 100 different religious groups and work in more than 1,000 different occupations.
- The ANZ Field spans 7,885,930 square kilometers, requires an 8.5 hour non-stop flight to cross.
- Church of the Nazarene is sparsely represented with 53 organized churches and 6 church plants concentrated in 6 cities: Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, and Perth
- These cities comprise approximately 14 million people
- Joshua Project identifies 205 people groups within the field, (143 in AU, 62 in NZ)
- Approximately 30% of our congregations are multi-ethnic churches.
- The ANZ Field is largely postmodern philosophically and pluralistic in outlook. New Zealand has been described as the most secular nation in the world with the highest teen suicide rate globally.
- Recent growth on each district has come primarily from immigrant church planting.
- The most unreached people in both Australia and New Zealand are those of European, white decent.