Coordinator: Stephen Gualberto
Includes: Philippines, Micronesia, Palau, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru
We honor the Lord for allowing us to be part of what He is already doing in the Philippines and Micronesia. He is the head of the Church. He is the one sustaining and making her grow for his glory and honor. In spite of the many challenges happening in the Philippines and Micronesia brought about by economic hardship, natural and man-made disasters and other issues, the church in the Philippines and Micronesia remains steadfast because of His grace and power.
The Church of the Nazarene in Philippines
- The Church of the Nazarene has been in the Philippines for more than 60 years. Currently, we have more than 350 churches in 11 Districts.
- We have seen growth in Metro Manila District, Philippine Luzon District and Bicol District because of the vision of the District leadership, intentional disciples and passion in planting more churches in areas where the church is not yet.
- Mindanao Island is home to several of the Ten Most Impoverished provinces in the Philippines. It is also home to the most unreached and least served people group in the Philippines.
- We are seeing exponential growth in children’s ministry in the Philippines. Many of our churches have weekday schools… Approximately 6,000 children are being impacted though the weekday schools alone.
- 2013 was a challenging year for the church due to three consecutive major disasters that struck the Philippines – the armed crisis in Zamboanga City, the 7.2 magnitude earthquake in Bohol and the Super Typhoon Haiyan. These disasters claimed several thousands of lives, displaced millions of people, and destroyed billions of dollars worth of property. The Church of the Nazarene Philippines has been visible through disaster response in all of these calamities.
The Church of the Nazarene in Micronesia
- The Church of the Nazarene started in this part of the region 17 years ago.
- 15 new church plants underway and a culture of church planting. Nearly every church has plans to start a new church and they have both a system for training and the expectation that every church will plant a new church.